Ormond Plantation, a two-story Louisiana colonial
plantation, was built circa 1790 on a Spanish land grant to Pierre
Trepagnier for his service in the Louisiana militia under Governor Bernardo
de Galvez. The tract reached from the river to Lake Pontchartrain.
The property was named Ormond in 1805 after the Irish
ancestral castle of it's second owner, Richard Butler. It was Butler
who added the wings on either side.